- 500g dark chocolate, broken into pieces
- 150g salted butter, cut into cubes
- 5 tbsp golden syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 250g finger biscuits (2 x packs)
- 100g mini marshmallows
- 100g salted peanuts
- 100g cooked spotted dick sponge, broken up into thumb sized pieces
- 100g Roses chocolates-I prefer to use the toffee and nut centred ones.
- cocoa powder or hot chocolate powder for dusting
- Melt the butter, chocolate and golden syrup in a heavy-based saucepan over a low heat and stir gently till smooth. Add the vanilla extract and stir through.
- Remove from the heat and pour 200ml of the mixture into a measuring jug to be reserved for the topping. Allow the mixture in the pan to cool slightly.
- While the mixture is cooling line a 20cm brownie tin with foil or non stick parchment paper and break up the biscuits with your hands or place them in a large freezer bag and bash them with a rolling pin.
- Fold the biscuits and peanuts into the slightly cooled melted chocolate mixture in the saucepan, and then gently stir through the marshmallows.
- Tip half the mixture into the prepared tin and spread evenly. Scatter over the broken up pieces of spotted dick sponge and roses chocolates fans tip the rest of the mixture over the top and level the surface as best you can.
- Pour the reserved melted chocolate mixture over the top and smooth out evenly.
- Refrigerate for approx 2 hours or overnight till firm and set.
- Carefully remove the rocky road from the tin, dust with cocoa or hot chocolate powder and cut into squares.